Friday, December 31, 2010

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. ~Bill Vaughn

It is happening. I am aging. I am happy with what I have become, yet still pause and wonder when it all happened. 3 kids? really? one who is 15 and in high school? how is this possible? I look at my skin, my hands, my hair and see aging. I am not displeased with what I see, just see change. I don't recall growing older, or feeling this change. I still feel as though I did years ago. If I close my eyes I feel as though I did when I was 18. Yet when I open my eyes and look down at my sad stretched stomach, when I hear these 3 children calling me mom, when I remember my responsibilities as an adult, it still baffles me how I got here. I love my life. I am blessed. I am complete and satisfied. Yet I look back and wonder how I got here. Why was I so lucky? You see my stretched belly, my few grey strands of hair, my aging hands and face. They are reminders of who I am and where I have been. They are the reminders to me of my past, the good times and bad. they are reminders of why I am what I am today. I have learned so much already on this great journey of life. I look forward to many more amazing rides, even the bumps and curves, for I have learned far more from the rocky times than the smooth. Life is an unbelievable ride, one we need to stop and cherish each day. As this new year begins I hope that my family enjoys the ride, that we remember to buckle up and hold on tight, for this year year has wonderful potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment