Sunday, December 19, 2010

146 days!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich

Anyone who works in a large office can relate to this. This time of year the office is overloaded with cookies, chocolate, fudge, cheesecake, candy, brownies, anything you can imagine dipped in chocolate, breads, catered lunches, and I was even given sauerkraut. I have managed to resist most. It is exhausting to try to stay on track. My goal this holiday season is to not gain. that is it.

Running is coming along. I am having some problems with my knees. They hurt medially. I know it is because I run indoors on pavement and I need to work on my gait. My feet fall flat on the ground, like a slap. I am loud and hard as I land. After a few miles it usually corrects. Occasionally my left hip gives me slight trouble. I am using Advil and an ace-wrap as of now. I have 146 days until the half. WOO HOO!

I know I need to add weight training to my work-outs yet not sure how and what to add in. Any advice is welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Other than the sodium, you can have that sauerkraut. LOL! Not extra calories there. Though I wouldn't recommend it with the chocolate or cookies.

    I'm awful with weight training. Any way you could get a session with a trainer? Is there a local running club or store that could recommend someone/something for you? Just thoughts. I need to get some weight training in too.

    Oh! Crystal recommended yoga. And I realize my Wii has come yoga routines. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete