Monday, May 16, 2011

MINE

There are some things in life you do for just you. Some things that some understand and others don’t. Some things that matter so much to yourself, yet seem minimal to others. These things that we carry close to our heart, our soul, our being. These things are ours. Our moment, our thing, our journey. While you hope that your loved ones understand how much this means to you, some will and some won’t. You need to remember that these things are for you. For no one else. Cherish this, as it is yours.

Sunday, May 15th, I finished my first half marathon. This was a goal that I made for myself a long time ago, yet really set in stone at Thanksgiving. I trained after work, on weekends, any free time I could carve away from my family. I know it was a sacrifice. For myself and for them. The day came yesterday and I ran. I did it. I completed my race. My race against myself. While some don’t get it, some chose to ignore it, some chose to disregard it, I embrace it. Because my embrace is all that matters. A full race recap will be later. But for now one of my favorite quotes:

“The miracle isn’t that I finished, the miracle is that I had the courage to start.”

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing my friend. I'm so glad I could follow you on your journey. Looking forward to your race recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete