Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Let the truth be known

My right knee sucks. There I said it. I am disappointed in my body. I feel let down. Now I know there are people far worse than me, for christ sake my dad had a stroke a few weeks ago and here I am bitching about my knee.



I have gone to PT for a few weeks. I have had U/S therapy, massage, and even rocked one of these stylish patches for 8 hours.









I still hurt. I have a stabbing on the lateral side of my knee which wraps inward behind the knee. I have had a few diagnoses: meniscal tear, IT band Syndrome, tendonitis.....etc. At this point I have refused a MRI and injections. Part of me probably doesn't want to know the truth, the other yeah I am in denial. The race is 17 days away. I just can't swallow the idea that I can't run it. Not yet. It just breaks my heart. Soon I will have to make a decision. But tonight I will not.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're doing everything you can to heal your knee. It just sucks that it might not be ready by the half. :-( I'm still pulling for you! If anyone can do it, you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers (and knees) are crossed! You're doing all you can.

    ReplyDelete