Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! Ahhhhh. Winter is behind us, even if we get another snowfall, knowing it is April and warmth is ahead makes it much more tolerable. What is it about spring that provides us with such energy? Perhaps the sun? Perhaps knowing that small clothing is around the corner? Perhaps the thought of cold beer on a warm deck, the lilacs, the smell of fresh cut grass, the warmth of the sun on our face? Spring has a way of waking us up from the lull of winter. I feel motivated, I feel happy, I feel excited. I have again begun to run. I HATE THE TREADMILL. Winter makes running hard for me. The dark days, the boring treadmill, the baggy clothing, who needs to run? Now? I can't get enough. My legs ache, but in a good way, in a way that is aching for more. I want to push myself and set goals and see results.

My husband has begun to run. He has been loyal all winter with the treadmill and has a great routine of a run/walk down. Today we ran outside together. It was brief because of the rain and our 4 year old who was on a bike. But we did it. I LOVED the feeling of running beside my husband. I can not describe the feeling, something we can do together, be be better, to be stronger, to be healthier, something to do together. I look forward to many more as we encourage each other along.

No comments:

Post a Comment