Tuesday, May 12, 2009

echo

This blog is lonely! (pout)

so my first race is in 5 days! YAY! MY FIRST BIB NUMBER! We are headed to the Green Bay Cellcom Marathon. I am doing the 5k with my brother-in-law and a few others, I have a friend doing the 1/2, and two friends doing the full marathon. Is it bad that I am more excited to cheer the others on than to run myself? I can not wait to experience the marathon, I KNOW that it will be HUGE motivation for me to kick my running up a few notches. My children and I are making signs tonight to help encourage our friends on their long treks. So yes this is it. This race is why I started running in November, this was the goal. Now I am NO WHERE where I want to be, or as far or as fast as I thought I would be. Nursing school kicked my ass this winter and put a damper on running. But I am here, I will be there and I will run. Something I never thought I would do. Hell up until last month I had never ran in public in my life. I never played sports growing up, nothing. So yes I am here, I will finish, I will not be the fastest, but good god I will not be the slowest. It is about the experience, about setting a goal for myself and following through, about improving and being active, about my beginning as a runner. Bring it on!

4 comments:

  1. you'll do great! awesome that you will be achieving yet another goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What haven't you managed to succeed in? You will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is absolutely the right attitude. and don't worry, we'll teach you the important stuff, like to wear your timing chip, how to pin on your race bib, and, most importantly, how it is TOTALLY uncool to wear this year's race shirt FOR the race. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. whew glad you know what is going on!

    ReplyDelete