Saturday, January 24, 2009

If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. ~Michael Jordan
We what a difference a few weeks can do. I returned to school after my nice long 5 week break. I am back to LONG clinical days at the hospital. I am back to fighting with my children to do their homework and clean their rooms, back to practically living at the ski hill with my son. Back to reality. I am also happy to report that my running has continued on. Today I ran for 15 minutes without stopping! YAY! This is a first without even a 20 second stop for water or to wipe my nose (what is with that? My nose POURS the whole time I am running! ANNOYING!) FINALLY I broke through my slump and it feels FANTASTIC!!!
My wonderful friend Jess sent me the Nike+. http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/run.html
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/nike.html My iPod Touch and it work beautifully together, it is the coolest little thing. For me, a running virgin, it is a perfect little gadget to help me track and record my runs. I love that it announces your time, minutes left etc, it is a nice little motivator! Oh and incase you are wondering my power song? Push it by Salt-N-Pepa!!
Photobucket
THANK YOU JESS!!!
It feels good to be back on track, with a head clear of frustration or doubt. I know there will be challenges, but I need to remember they will pass and I need to keep on keepin' on!

1 comment:

  1. if running here easy, everyone would do it. part of the joy in running is knowing that it's hard. it is something you have to push yourself to do, so when you do it, you feel that much better.

    ReplyDelete