Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2 months to go!!!

My "running for a reason" charity Half Marathon is in 2 months. Today I went for a run after work. I cut it short at 3 miles as I was feeling extremely discouraged. I felt deflated and pissed. I was weak and had no motivation to move forward. I felt like giving up. I felt like there was no way I could run 4 miles let alone 13. I have run a half before so deep down I know I can do it. I just had a horrible pathetic moment. I hated it. I came home and in my mail box was a donation of $100. Talk about wind in your sails---a reminder at the perfect time---why I am running this. Not only for me, but for others. Lisa and I have now raised over $900 for our run!! WOO HOO!!

My son showed me this video tonight---again perfect timing. Another fabulous reminder than I (and anyone) can do anything they set their mind to.



2 comments:

  1. Lady, you can do it! Some runs aren't easy. Some runs make us feel defeated. But, they are runs that teach us something. You are a strong woman and a strong runner. You can and will do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete