Monday, November 8, 2010

...........

June was my last blog post??? LAME!! wow. quick recap:

I did the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure with my best friend Samantha. I raised $2700. I ended up with an IV and vomitting from the heat and lost both of my big toenails (which have not grown back yet), but had an amazing experience. I did what I set out to do. I raised money and walked the 3 Day. It made me realize that with hard work and determination I really can do anything I want. Many have told me that they have always known that about me. I had a baby at 18 and made a wonderful life for myself and my son. I graduated college at 31. But now I have really noticed when I set my mind to something it happens. I HAVE SISU!

I have been running on and off for a few years. I am back on track and it feels good. Moreso, my husband has joined the bandwagon. I am so proud of him. There is nothing more fun than running with him. We have a 5k coming up at the end of the month and a 10k in June. I look forward to mapping out other races and goals. ANything is possible with hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment